Friday, February 13, 2009

Step-Child Update


Switching gears, here's the step-child update - Roxy got spayed last week, so she had to spend one night at the vet's office. I feel bad for saying this, but it was nice for me and my babies to have some alone time together. When I went to pick her up, the poor thing was so scared that I had to coax her out of the kennel with a lot of sweet talk. It took her a minute, but then she realized it was me, and she was so happy that I came back for her!

I think we have found a home for her, too. We know the lady, so we know she will be loved and have a great home. Lupe and her family also have a playmate for Roxy - a husky. I think that's pretty important for her because she loves playing with Riley and Gidget so much. Once Roxy is recovered from the surgery, we will introduce her to her new family to see if it's a good fit. And I am really dreading it.

I love her so much! I've now taught her to shake, and it's so cute...my two don't even know shake! And she melts my heart when I see her sleeping on Riley's bed at night because she looks so happy. My heart wants to keep her so badly, but my head says that three dogs are just too much for our busy lifestyle. Plus, Tony is just not really on board with three dogs, but he would definitely let me keep her if I asked.

This experience has taught me quite a bit. Finding Roxy a home and getting her to trust us has been so rewarding, but I don't know if I have the heart to ever do it again. I have become too attached. I teared up when Tony told me he had a new home for her, and I know that I will bawl buckets on the day she leaves us...if my heart lets that happen. But I'm pretty sure my head will win this battle - my head always wins. =(

I'll end this episode with a happy note: Kayla and Shawn (my sister and brother in law) are coming to visit tomorrow!! It's our brother Bryan's birthday, so we are going to do the traditional family get together at Mom & Dad's. I haven't got to see them since Christmas, and I am really looking forward to it! =D

No comments: