Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I got 42 days to go!

Ok, so CCR actually sings "miles" instead of "days," but who cares? It's 42 days until my birthday!! Now I'm usually not the birthday countdown person, but this year is super exciting! Why, you ask? Well a while back, I read a news report that Elton John had announced that his final show at Caeser's in Vegas was to be...April 22nd, which just happens to be my birthday!

I've been wanting to see him for as long as I can remember, and when we were in Vegas for our wedding, we just couldn't work it in even though some of our wedding party went. And, a final show on my birthday just sounded like a sign so I had to call Tony and ask if we could go. I don't ask for much, and he thought it sounded great, so he said YES! :)

As soon as tickets went on sale last month, I snagged them up! I'm still checking travel sites almost daily to find the best flight deals. Flying in for one night is not as cheap as I had hoped, but I just keep my fingers crossed that I'll find a fabulous deal. So, until then, I'll count down the days until I have the best birthday ever! I'm so excited!!

I'll leave you with my fave EJ tune - buh, buh, buh, Bennie and the Jets!

No comments: