Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Time flies when you're having fun!

My brother, Bryan, got his learner's permit today. HO-LY COW! It's so hard for me to wrap my head around that. I passed him with my Dad on the road today, and he looked so excited and anxious gripping the wheel at 10 and 2. Then, right after I passed him, I saw a young boy on his bike, and I saw Bryan - six years old without a care in the world. I had to do a double-take!

Where does the time go?? I don't feel like 15 years just passed me by. I can still vividly remember the day he was born - what a great Valentine's Day gift he was! It feels like just yesterday that he got the scar above his eye when he ran into a dresser because my Mom and I were chasing him around it. I miss the sweet way he used to call me "Bubba Jo." I want to go back to the days when we played Tony Hawk on the Playstation for hours, and I dread the day he graduates high school. But time marches on, and as much as I miss that sweet little boy, I am so proud of the young man he has become.

So, here's to you "little" brother! Congrats on yet another milestone!

No comments: